Buffalo State is an urban campus situated on 125 acres in Buffalo's beautiful museum district, near both the Elmwood Village and Grant Street neighborhoods. The Buffalo State Great Lakes Center occupies an additional 3.5 acres on Buffalo's waterfront at Porter Avenue.
The Buffalo State campus comprises 50 buildings and approximately 3.3 million gross square feet of space. The oldest campus buildings (Rockwell Hall, Ketchum Hall, Bacon Hall, the Donald Savage Building and Campus House) were all occupied in 1931. The newest additions (Burchfield Penney Art Center, Student Apartment Complex, Science & Mathematics Complex Phase 1 and the Technology Building) were built between 2008 and 2013.
Buffalo State continues to fully rehabilitate its older facilities: Butler Library and Tower 3 are currently unde design and Bishop Hall is under renovation. The Science & Mathematics Complex Phase 2, Caudell Hall and Buckham Hall B-Wing have recently re-opened following major rehabilitation.
Additional information about campus buildings includes descriptions, maps, images and virtual tours:
Faculty and staff may access floor plans of academic and student life buildings. Login is required.
Back to Top